About Westerfield Townhouses Coopertive, Inc.
Westerfield Townhouses is Cooperative Housing located in Olathe, Kansas with 258 dwelling units. (See the F.A.Q. that explains cooperative housing and more.) We offer a unique alternative to home buying or renting for modest income individuals and families.
Prior to moving in, prospects will complete a full application and we check that all applicants meet our Member Selection & Qualification Criteria.
The following payments will be due with the completed credit application:
Application Fee: $25.00 per member over 18. This fee is nonrefundable.
Membership Fee: $175.00
Fees must be paid in a cashier’s check or money order. Personal checks or cash will not be accepted. Make payments payable to: Westerfield Townhouses.
As a Westerfield Member you will be responsible for the following monthly carrying charges:
BASIC MONTHLY CARRYING CHARGES AS OF 08-01-2017
|1 BEDRM 1 BATH||
|1 BEDRM 1BATH END UNIT||
|1 BEDRM 1 BATH WALK OUT BASEMENT||
|1 BEDRM 1 BATH WALK OUT BASEMENT END UNIT||
|2 BEDRM 1 BATH||
|2 BEDRM 1 BATH END UNIT||
|2 BEDRM 1 BATH WALK OUT BASEMENT||
|2 BEDRM 1 BATH WALK OUT BASEMENT END UNIT||
|2 BEDRM 1 ½ BATH||
|2 BEDRM 1 ½ BATH END UNIT||
|2 BEDRM 1 ½ BATH WALK OUT BASEMENT||
|2 BEDRM 1 ½ BATH WALK OUT BASEMENT END UNIT||
|3 BEDRM 1 ½ BATH||
|3 BEDRM 1 ½ BATH END UNIT||
|3 BEDRM 1 ½ BATH WALK OUT BASEMENT||
|3 BEDRM 1 ½ BATH WALK OUT BASEMENT END UNIT||
Members are responsible for their own electricity and gas. Westerfield pays for the water and trash services.
Move In Payments
The following will be due on the date of move in and MUST be paid in the form of a money order or cashier’s check:
- Transfer (Equity) Value: based on date of move in. (📄2017 Current Equity Schedule PDF.)
- Rent Amount: pro-rated based on date of move in.
- Home Improvements Value: (if applicable) Some outgoing members may wish to sell approved alterations or home improvements within their townhouses at a depreciated value. This includes, but is not limited to: Finished Basements, Carpeting, additional electrical work, etc. At the time of move in payment made out in the seller’s name will be provided to the office.
Move Out Refunds & Payments
Upon move-out you are eligible to receive payment for the current Transfer (Equity) Value, Membership Fee and Pet Deposit. A $85.00 Resale Fee will be deducted from the amount including charges for rehabilitation expenses, damages, rent amount owed, etc.
- Washer/Dryer hook-ups
- Reserved & Guest Parking
- Water, Trash & Sewage paid
- On-Site Manager
- 24 hour Emergency Maintenance
- Playgrounds, Basketball Court & Clubhouse
- Minutes from popular shopping centers, schools and I-35